I was working on my E-book I am creating, a guide on crystals and crystal healing, and I wanted to share something that I get asked quite often –
How to care for your crystals?
How do you cleanse your crystals?
I always felt that you should always do what your intuition tells you. Never cleanse or care for your crystals in a way that doesn’t feel right to you. It’s one cardinal rule that I always follow when it comes to my crystals.
How do I care for my crystals?
There are so many options out there on how others clean crystals. When anyone asks me about my process, I mention the following cleansing methods because they are the ones that I was taught.
When cleansing your crystals, listen to your intuition and do what you feel is right. Click To Tweet
There are several ways that you can cleanse your crystals. I think that everyone is taught differently in what ways they feel are “best”. Like I said earlier you do what YOU feel is right.
- SAGE – I often used this method, as it is one of the safest ways to cleanse them. I use white sage that is hand wrapped by Native American’s from WonderingBull. When I can’t get access to any at pow-wow’s I will only buy from that site. All you have to do is light the end of your sage until it starts burning and blow out the flame. Run the crystal you wish to clean through the smoke.
- RIVER WATER – Living in a rural area I have access to river and stream water. This is my favorite way to clean my crystals. They always feel so energized when I use this method. You can also collect river water in a bowel and use that to cleanse your stones. I will generally hold them in my hands in the river water for about 30 seconds (or until you feel that they are cleansed), sometimes longer. You can also place the stones in a thin bag and put it in the water to cleanse them all at once. Just make sure you have a good hold on the bag so they don’t go down the river! FYI – If your crystals are water porous, contain metal or contain water I would not suggest this method. Anything below a MOHS scale of 5 I would not use in any water.
- WHITE LIGHT – As you hold your crystal in your hand, envision the pure white light from creator surrounding the crystal. You can also say “I ask for the pure white light from creator to surround this crystal and cleanse it of all impurities.” I really like using this method too, its relaxing and calming and you can just feel the energy surrounding the crystal.
- UNDER THE FULL MOON – I will place my crystals under the full moon when I feel they need them. I don’t do this every month or even every other month. I place mine in the dirt or the grass and allow them to sit overnight and I will go get them in the morning. You can also put them on a windowsill inside, especially if you are concerned with rainfall that night (Remember – MOHS hardness of 5 or less should NEVER go in any water).
WORDS TO THE WISE
- NEVER use salt water to rinse your crystals!! I thought I was doing the right thing, and I ended up rusting my amethyst! I was so upset! Now I only use the above methods to cleanse my stones, because those are the ones that I feel are right for me. You may choose to use another method of cleansing and that’s ok!
- A lot of people mention that crystals do not need to be cleansed. I will still always cleanse my crystals even if every crystal healer in the world tells me different. Citrine and clear quartz are crystals that most say don’t need cleansing. Personally, I feel that every crystal would need to be cleaned at one point or another. In my thinking, they absorb negative energies that they are clearing, and will eventually need to be cleansed of that energy. I would rather be safe than sorry. I don’t cleanse these as often as my other stones but I still will when I feel they need it. Again, you do what you feel is right for your crystals.
STORING YOUR CRYSTALS
There are so many ways you can store your crystals. Here are some suggestions and ways that I store my own.
- POUCHES – I store the ones that I use daily in a small black pouch and carry it with me.
- ON DISPLAY – Why not place them in your home on shelves, tables, end stands, dressers, countertops, etc.
- WOODEN BOXES – You can store them in a wooden box, this is how I store any larger stones that I don’t have room for.
- CHESTS– Have some larger crystals that won’t fit in a box? Why not used a chest to store them?
What ways do you cleanse your crystals? Do you use any of the above methods?
What about storing them? How do you store or display your own stones?